Jul 14 , 2021
By Geet Rao, Pet Nutritionist, Founder Pet Kitchen - 14th July, 2021
It’s your dog’s birthday and you want to make it special for him/ her. Well, why not? After all dogs give us the most unconditional love we could ever seek.
Ever since I started a dog bakery in Chandigarh, many pet parents would ask me for dog cake recipes for their dogs. I would reply to them with DIY dog cake recipes that were easy to put together. As I started making more dog birthday cakes, and also sharing them on my Instagram, I got more dog cake recipe enquiries! So, I thought, it was time I put up a dog cake recipe on my website so that pet parents always have a go-to recipe for their dog’s birthday!!
So, here is a simply DIY doggo cake recipe that your dog will love!! The ingredients in this dog cake recipe are mostly available in your kitchen! The recipe contains eggs. But if you’re a vegan or a vegetarian, don’t fret! We have a vegan twist to this dog birthday cake as well! 🤗
Banana Oats Doggie Cake - Recipe
For the cake:
- Oat Flour. 2 cups
- 1 large ripe banana
- Eggs: 2 medium eggs
- Baking Powder : 1 tsp
- Baking Soda : 3/4 tsp
For the icing:
- Hung curd (Hang the curd for 30 minutes)
- 2 tbsp honey
- Dog cookies for decoration
- Before you start preparing the batter for your cake, grease all surfaces of the baking dish with oil.
- Put on your oven for pre-heating at 180 degrees.
Keep all the ingredients handy and begin with the following procedure:
- Blend bananas using a blender. Ensure there are no knots.
- Break the eggs into the bananas and blend until frothy.
- Keep adding oat flour slowly and keep blending. Adding all the flour together will make the cake batter knotty.
- Add the baking soda and baking powder in the end and blend again.
- Now pour the batter into the greased baking dish and put for baking for 40 to 50 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean when poked into the cake).
- For the vegan version of this cake for dogs, replace eggs with 1/2 cup almond milk and use 2 bananas instead of one. The quantity of bananas will actually depend upon the size of your bananas.
- Whether making a cake with eggs or the vegan version, the batter should be a little thicker than a runny batter. It should be flowy than runny.
- When your cake is baked, leave it outside to cool for sometime. Now, de-mould the cake and place it in the refrigerator for two to three hours. Once the cake is cool, spread the hung-curd and honey icing on the cake. Top with doggie cookies for decoration!
- Hope your birthday doggo enjoys this cake! Wruff Wruff!!
- And heyyyy! In case you’re too busy to try this out and still want to celebrate your dog’s birthday, Pet Kitchen is right here, waiting to make your dog’s birthday special. But uh-oh! While our treating options are delivered PAN-India, our dog cakes and dog ice-creams can be made available for pooches in and around Chandigarh only! Sometimes, I wish my cakes could fly to all the doggies in the world to make their bark-day special!!
About Dog Birthday Cakes by Pet Kitchen
Pet Kitchen is a nutritional dog treat company based out of Chandigarh. The company also makes nutritious, completely natural cakes for dogs. All our cakes are completely dog safe and are approved and designed by our founder and Pet Nutritionist, Geet Rao. Our cakes get their colors from home made vegetable colors. We do not use anything artificial in our pet cakes!