May 27 , 2022
Cakes form an integral part of birthday celebrations. We buy extraordinary cakes to celebrate the birthday of our near and dear ones. So, why not buy cakes for your dog’s birthday too? After all, they add so much joy to our life and deserve to be pampered. Though dog cakes or pup cakes are a tasty way to celebrate your pup’s birthday but selecting the best cake for your pup is a tedious task. So, why not bake at home with all the love? Homemade dog cakes are so easy to make and they are fun too. While baking at home, you can make sure that the ingredients added are the healthiest for your pup.
So here’s a DIY dog cake recipe that you can try at your home.
Sweet Potato Carrot Dog Cake – Recipe
Ingredients: ( sufficient for 3 bone-shaped cakes)
- Almond flour= 1 cup
- Shredded carrots= ½ cup
- Sweet potato puree= ½ cup
- Melted coconut oil= 3Tbs
- Baking powder= 1Tbs
- Honey= 2Tbs
- Water= ¼ cup
- Plain non-fat yoghurt = ¼ cup
- Put on your oven for pre-heating at 350F.
- Mix honey, coconut oil and sweet potato puree properly.
- To this mixture, add almond flour and water slowly. (Avoid using white flour as it is extremely processed and low in nutrients. Always prefer whole grain flour.) Make sure that the flour is added to the mixture slowly because adding all the flour in one go will make the cake batter knotty.
- Now add baking powder to this mixture and blend properly.
- Grease the baking pan with coconut oil. (You can use bone-shaped pan to give your cake a beautiful shape)
- Add the batter to the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. ( until the toothpick comes out clean when poked into the cake)
- Once the cake is baked, leave it outside for sometime. Then de-mould it and place it in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Once it’s cooled, top the cake with sweet potato puree, yoghurt and shredded carrots. And the cake is ready to serve to your pup!!
But if you are too busy to try this recipe, there’s no need to feel guilty because Pet Kitchen is just a call away, waiting to make your dog’s birthday special.
Pet Kitchen is a nutritional dog treat company based out of chandigarh. All our cakes are completely dog safe and are designed by our founder and Pet nutritionist, Geet Rao. Our dog treats are available pan-India. But cakes are perishable, which is why they are available for customers only from Chandigarh, Panchkula, Zirakpur and Mohali. We also deliver pup cakes that comes in a pack of 4.
We at Pet Kitchen believe that food is medicine. Our cakes are made with completely natural, high quality and dog friendly ingredients. That is why they are perfectly safe for dogs. They are made in very hygienic and clean kitchen. Colours used to decorate the cakes are made freshly from vegetables which give our cakes pastel hues. No artificial or synthetic ingredients are used. We bake fresh for every single order we receive. So, what are you waiting for? Hurry up! Celebrate your dog’s birthday or any other special day with healthy and delicious cakes from Pet Kitchen.